Help FatBoy

Friday, May 20, 2005

FatBoy's Lament

May 20, 2005

What up y’all? Yup this is the point you find out that I am a Southerner. Which is a lil’ of the reason I am so big. I have grown up with great Southern Cooks and Five Star BBQ Barons. Heck, I still haven’t dated the woman that can out cook me. I definitely have more cooks books than any of them. But that’s another story.

Back to the point, starting this blog got me talking to friends about my thinking about having the procedure. The hardest thing is to explain that it is not a gastric bypass. The most common thing I’ve heard so far is “…how could you even think about doing something like this…” I have to explain that it’s not something I decided on a whim. I have to do a quick summary of the procedure. I have to explain how little down time I am going to have and basically what its going to take to make this work.

But, I will say that the criticism had helped me think more about it. It’s also got me beginning to focus more on the present. And the present is, I’m not getting this done tomorrow. If I am serious about my weight, I need to get more active now. Anyone know a good trainer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home